The LRG Student Dissertation Award Scheme is open for 2014. We request submissions that explore an interdisciplinary approach to landscape. In 2014 LRG set long-range priorities for research. As a result the next few years of awards will prioritise work that is relevant to pressing societal challenges with a landscape dimension and research that contributes to the development of society’s understanding and respond to these challenges.
We are especially interested in landscape research:
– that responds to injustice
– that responds to the challenges of rapid environmental change
– that considers short-term decision-making and narrow franchise
– that challenges established norms through creative work.
We welcome applications from a broad base of disciplines that encourage an interdisciplinary approach. Our categories include, but are not limited by the following list.
- Art and Design: architecture, art, design and landscape architecture.
- Humanities: Including cultural geography, history, literature or philosophy.
- Science, Planning and Management: archaeology, environmental management, material geography, planning and natural science.
We reserve the discretion to award up to:
- three Doctoral Prizes at £500
- three Masters Prizes at £350
- Undergraduate Prizes at £250
The deadline for the 2014 LRG Student Dissertation Awards is 2015 March 1, for all awards UG, MA and PhD. To nominate a student, please visit the LRG Student Award Pages, which can be found here.
If you have questions speak to:
Pauline Graham Administrator Timothy M Collins,Co-ordinator
Landscape Research Group Ltd Landscape Research Group Ltd
email: email@example.com email: firstname.lastname@example.org